Arkansas State Board of Athletic Training - Welcome
About the Board
Practice Act/Rules & Regs
File a Complaint
Board News


Q. How do I have my Arkansas license verified to another state?
A. For a written verification to be sent to another state submit an Arkansas License Verification Form, available on the website, by email or mail to the Arkansas State Board of Athletic Training.

Q. How do I change my name or address with the Board?
A. You must provide written notification to the Board office for name and address changes. An address/name change form can be downloaded from this website under forms. A name change must be accompanied with a copy of the legal document that constituted the change. (Ex. marriage license or divorce decree). New licenses are not automatically issued for name changes. A request for a new license must be included along with the written request for the name change.

Q. How do I get a duplicate license?
A. You may obtain a duplicate license by submitting a written request to the Board.

Q. How often does the Board meet?
A. There is no set schedule but there are at least two meetings annually.

Q. What are the renewal fees?
A. $50.00 if renewed by June 30th. Renewal applications and fees returned postmarked July 1st through September 30th will be assessed a reactivation fee of $75.00 in addition to the renewal fee of $50.00 or $125.00 total. Renewal applications and fees returned postmarked October 1st or later will be assessed a late fee of $100.00 in addition to the reactivation fee of $75.00 and the renewal fee of $50.00 for a total of $225.00 total.

Q. How do I file a complaint against an athletic trainer?
A. Refer to filing a complaint on this website.

Q: What shall I do if I believe someone is violating the Athletic Training Practice Act?
A. It is your legal and ethical responsibility to report any suspected violation of the law to the Board. Violators may include unlicensed persons who aid and abet the illegal and unsafe practice of athletic training as well as athletic trainers who are practicing outside the scope of law.

Q. How do I obtain an application for licensure?
A. To request a license application for athletic training, call the Board at 501-683-4076. The application and instructions can also be downloaded from this website under licenses.

Q. Once I apply, how long does it take to get a license?
A. Following receipt of all required documents, the average processing time is three days.

Q. What is the fee for licensure?
A. Application: $25.00. Initial Licensure: $100.00. Initial Licensure for full time graduate student: $50.00. Temporary Permit: $300.00 quarterly. Refer to licenses on this website for further details.

Q. What methods are accepted for payment of fees?
A. Payments are accepted by personal check, business check, cashiers check or money order.